[ak-ses-uh-ree] adj: contributing to a general effect; supplementary; subsidiary. [ak-ses-uh-riz] verb: to fit or equip with accessories.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

to JUDGE or just LOVE

So,  I just read a post by a friend of mine that has spurred me onto my next blog. I told you I had lots going on in my mind---and it ranges in topic! Things just keep happening around me that spur me on this need to get things on paper....or computer screen. 


Anyway, if you know me, you know that I am a Christ follower. You know that my foundations are strong, and that I love the Lord. You also know that I'm very open....to everyone & most everything. I don't judge you based on your beliefs, and ask that you return the favor to me. I don't judge you based on your skin color, background, political stance, or sexual preference. I might not AGREE with you on certain issues, but I also realize it's not my place to JUDGE you. There is ONE, 1, one, person on this planet/universe/solar system/etc who is OUR JUDGE. And, I'm thankful it's not me. We are told over and over and over again in the BIBLE..that judgement is NOT ours, but GODS....

Proverbs 8:14  Counsel and sound judgement are mine; I have insight, I have power.

Romans 2:1   You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things. 

John 8:15  You judge by human standards; I pass judgement on no one.


So, why do we keep doing it?!  Why is one sin "BETTER" than the other? Why is it okay to "hate" or "shun" our fellow neighbors, brothers, or sisters? Why do you get to be so self righteous & point fingers at those who are different? Who gave you the right?! Who do you THINK you ARE?! You are no better than them. You are no better than me. WE are ALL, every single last one of us, SINNERS!! It just looks different on each person. So, stop pointing fingers. We are COMMANDED to LOVE our neighbors time and time again:

Luke 10:27Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Leviticus 19:18  Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Galatians 5:14  For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:9  The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Mark 12:33  To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

NOT once are we commanded to pass judgement on anyone. When you, or I, do....it gives all of "US" (Christians) the "BAD WRAP" that we are so often tagged with. 

No comments: