[ak-ses-uh-ree] adj: contributing to a general effect; supplementary; subsidiary. [ak-ses-uh-riz] verb: to fit or equip with accessories.

Friday, April 6, 2012

they call him mr r

It never ceases to amaze me how God uses situations for the greater good. 
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


A girlfriend of mine just came for a quick visit from Atlanta. I treasure her. I treasure our friendship. And, I laugh at the way in which we were brought together.


Here is our story:

Rewind about 10-11 yrs ago (WHOA...can not believe it was that long ago!).

I was living in LA. I was young. I was naive. I was a mess. :) I was also over the moon for what would never be. I had this insane idea that I could be the "one" to tame a certain boy. (girls...you can't tame another human being, so don't waste your energy trying!) I changed who I was. I sacrificed relationships for this thing. I wore my heart on my sleeve and got it ripped off, yet kept going back for more. I knew better, but it was an addiction
I thought I could be different. 
I thought I was different. 
I believed the lies even when I knew it was a lie. I'm telling you I was a hot mess. I allowed this to happen for over a year! I was severely blinded by this desire to be the girl who could make him change. And she was in the exact same boat. This boy had us both duped! And, we are not dumb girls! In fact, we are the complete opposite. I have no clue what was wrong with either us. I guess we both have the need to "fix" things/people/situations. And, this wasn't something for either of us to do! God is the only one who can truly change a person and his/her heart.

Fast forward a couple of years to somewhere around '04/05.
A very good mutual friend finally laid it all out there & connected us. We connected all the dots. We figured it all out. We finally realized the truth. We saw the light---and what a bright shiny light it was!! HA. If only we had been willing to see it sooner. I'm still surprised it took both of us so long to get smacked with it. From that phone conversation, a beautiful friendship was born. It could have turned out much differently had we let it. But, we didn't.

I'm ever so thankful that God allowed this situation to happen. It taught me so so much about relationships---with guys & girls. It taught me what I wanted, what I didn't, what I would tolerate, who I wanted to be, and how important setting standards are for yourself. I also got a life long friendship. We came out on top by far. And, now we can look back at what brought us together and laugh at what fools we once were!!

If I could say one thing to this boy now, it'd be "Thank you". Thank you for bringing a beautiful woman of God into my life. Thank you for connecting us. Thank you for the heartache...it was worth it for a friendship like this. God is good. He used that mess to connect two strong spirits. 

I love you to pieces lady :)


No comments: