[ak-ses-uh-ree] adj: contributing to a general effect; supplementary; subsidiary. [ak-ses-uh-riz] verb: to fit or equip with accessories.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

our 8 month adventure...so far

Can't believe we are already coming up on 8 months of marriage! 
Time has flown by, and I know its not going to slow down.


 As I was cleaning today I started to reflect on what I've learned,  
and am continuing to learn, 
on this crazy awesome journey into marriage.



Some things I've learned so far:

  • Marriage is hard work!
  • It's so worth all the work. 
  • Combining two lives is tricky.
  • His "clean" will NEVER be my "clean."
  • Boys are messy.
  • I'm way more OCD than I ever realized.
  • It's awesome to come home to my best friend on a daily basis.
  • Waking up to your best friend is the best.
  • Sometimes you run out of things to say. And its ok!
  • We annoy the heck out each other at times.
  • Compromise is key.
  • Its all about giving, and less taking.
  • We are both stubborn as mules.
  • Combining finances is "interesting."
  • Communication is vital.
  • Speaking the "truth in love" works.
  • Fighting makes me extremely nervous, but sometimes you just have to.
  • Neither of us is going anywhere. 
  • We are both "in til the end."
  • Having time with friends apart from one another is very important.
  • Having common interests makes things so much more enjoyable.  
  • Having personal space is still important.
  • Having time alone is sometimes necessary. 
  • "Dating" each other is a must.
  • Trust is vital.
  • Honesty really is the best policy. On all subjects.
  • Expecting the other to meet your expectations will almost always let you down. (Or cause serious frustration.)
  • Pick your battles! 
  • Sometimes you just "gotta let it go."
  • Neither of us is perfect.
  • Keeping God as our center is vital.
  • Having faith & praying for each other constantly is vital.
  • I'm blessed to get to do "life" with him. 
  • Learning each others "love language" is key.
  • Words of affirmation (his) & quality time (mine) are ours.
  • Laughing, hugs, snuggles & kisses really are the best medicine for your soul!   


We are still so new to this adventure. 
I'm constantly looking for new things and ways to help me along.
I would LOVE words of wisdom!



No comments: